The AION Desktop Wallet is thought to be one of the best Windows wallets for AION coin. The wallet is also available for Mac and Linux operating systems. The AION wallet is exceptionally great in facilitating peer-to-peer network transactions, allowing users to view all their transactions, fund transfers, and transaction history through a single interface.
This quick guide about Aion Wallet shall cover the coins supported, fees charged, how to set it up, and other features.
What Coins Are Supported by Aion Wallet?
The Aion Desktop Wallet allows users to manage, send, and receive AION coins through a direct encrypted connection with a remote Aion node. Users can verify transfers through transaction history. It is expected that more functionalities shall be included in the future.
You can add ERC-20 tokens to your Aion Wallet as well. All you need to do is swap them for native AION tokens first using the wallet’s token swap facility. This is an easy process and does not take much time.
Fees Charged By Aion Wallet
Aion wallet is free to download and install.
Step-by-step Guide for Setting up Aion Wallet
The Aion Desktop Wallet is not a cloud application. It is a local application that is stored and run from a local PC.
Note - If you are upgrading from a previous version, you would run into some security warnings. This is because the AionWalletSetup.exe is not yet signed. Don’t worry about these and simply click through them. The team is currently in the process of getting all Aion executable files signed.
This is how you can set up Aion wallet:
1. Download and install the latest Java release if you don’t already have it. This is important if you want the Aion wallet to install seamlessly.
2. Go to Aion Wallet repository and download the AionWalletSetup.exe executable
3. You would need to run the .exe on your PC. Don’t worry about the security warning that pops up. Just accept them and move forward.
4. Follow through the installation prompts. You would have to restart your PC after this.
5. Go to the Applications folder in your PC to open the wallet.
How to update the wallet?
Aion team continuously strives to update its Aion Desktop Wallet. If there is an update then you must follow the below-mentioned steps for Windows update:
1. The first thing you need to do is make a copy of your .aion folder. This folder will be in your home directory (C:/Users/USERNAME/).
2. The next step is to download the latest version for Aion Desktop Wallet from Github. Open the .exe file and run the application. Follow the prompts to install it.
3. Your old accounts should show up in the wallet. If yes, then go ahead and delete the backup you made earlier.
How to create a new account?
Aion Desktop Wallet allows users to create a completely new account or to recover an old account with their Password and Mnemonic phrase.
If you want to create a brand new account:
Click on the “Add Account” and create an account name. You can change this name later if you want.
You would need to enter a strong password and then re-confirm it.
A seed mnemonic phrase will show up. Make sure you save and back it up. This is important if you ever have to recover your wallet later.
If you want to recover your account:
Click on the “Add Account” option and select “recover from seed”. You would need to enter the password and mnemonic phrase associated with your account here.
The newly recovered account would show up under the Accounts tab
You can keep multiple accounts in Aion Desktop Wallet. Once an account has been recovered or created, you can add further accounts by clicking on “Add Account.” You would not have to enter the password and mnemonic phrase every time you wish to access a different account.
Importing an account
There are three ways by which you can import an existing account – Keystore File, Private Key, and Ledger. Aion Desktop Wallet features a Remember Me option, which is quite useful in importing accounts. Select the option and it would display all your imported accounts. This will remain even if you re-launch the wallet or upgrade it.
However, if you miss out on selecting the option, you would have to re-import all your accounts upon re-launching the desktop wallet.
How Is Customer Support?
Aion customer support is something to be desired. Many people claim that the team doesn’t respond even after days.